What Renters Insurance Covers
Renter insurance will cover your personal property and provide personal liability coverage.
- Personal property - (furniture, tools, electronics, computer equipment, jewelry, clothing, etc.)
- Personal liability - coverage if someone (a third party) is hurt in your apartment.
Many landlords now require renters insurance. Landlords often get pressure from their insurance company to require that their renters have renters insurance.
What Does Renters Insurance Cost?
The Insurance Information Institute shows the national average is about $257 annually. We can usually offer very competitive rates that beat the national average.
What Determines the Renters Insurance Premium?
- How much coverage you need and your limits
- They type of coverage you choose
- The amount of your deductible
- The location of your rented home or apartment
Regardless of where you live, your renter’s insurance policy and cost will be unique. An insurer will take into account your assets, your risk factors, and several other items when presenting you with a quote.